Timber being a highly porous living organism constitutes of nearly 55% metabolites and fluids. Woodfield ensures that the proneness to microbiological attacks inherent to timber do not plague your finished cabinetry and undertakes extensive technical procedures to commit to the same.
a. Chemical Treatment Process
i. Vacuum Pressure Treatment with Boric Acid Borax Preservative
1. Vacuum @ 25 inches Hg for minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Pressure @ 220 psi for minimum 2 hours.
3. Final Vacuum for 20 minutes or till Vacuum of 25 inches Hg is reached.
b. Kiln Dry Method
Chemically treated timber is packed into the dryer for five consecutive days till an approximate moisture content of 10% is reached.
Woodfield kitchen cabinets are fully specified and manufactured consistently in line with the benchmarks of quality set by our expert cabinet designers.
We source the finest raw materials for the production of our kitchen cabinets and follow strict QA protocols to ensure the finished products. All cabinets are built with treated, kiln dried solid Mahogany or Teak wood.
Full Feature Specification
- Cabinetry Height – 720 mm (top and bottom cupboards)
- Shutter Panel and Drawer Front Thickness – 20 mm
- Cabinet Depth – 2 ft.
- Carcass – 18 mm thick solid wood (Mahogany or Teak)
Mahogany Solid Wood
Teak Solid Wood
Coating – JAT – PU Coating and Water-based Coating.
Maintenance and care are critical aspects of ensuring that our high-quality kitchen cabinets retain their exterior and interior health. By following our care advice you will be able to preserve your new Woodfield kitchen cabinet for generations.
Follow below advice for best maintenance of Woodfield Kitchen Cabinets
1. Regularly clean the surface of your kitchen cabinet.
2. Avoid the use of strong chemical cleaning agents (detergents) that may damage the colour and material of the Cabinet.
3. Use a mild detergent to wipe away dust and spills.
4. Keep the surface of the kitchen cabinet free from moisture by wiping away liquid spills immediately.
5. Regularly clean and grease the hinges in order to maintain smooth function and avoid oxidization.
6. Avoid sliding objects and bringing sharp objects into contact with the surface of the kitchen cabinet.
7. Keep the surface and interior of kitchen cabinets dry and clean to avoid pest infestations.
8. Use a protective layer when handling sharp utensils such as knives on the surface of the kitchen cabinet.
9. Use hot pads when placing warm things on the kitchen cabinet surface.
In addition to following these care tips, please contact us regularly as advised for after-sales servicing and maintenance.